gold stripes

Carry & Conceal Deadly Weapons

Effective July 1, 2019… Concealed Carry without License:

The Kentucky Senate has passed a bill that allows people to carry concealed firearms without a permit or training.

Kentucky law previously required people to get a permit before carrying a concealed firearm. That process includes a background check, gun safety training and $60 fee.

With the passing of Senate Bill 150, it removes the permit requirement for anyone who’s at least 21 years old and meets other legal rules for owning a gun.

Getting a concealed carry permit is still available under the new law but will no longer be mandatory after July 1, 2019.


As of July 12, 2006 , in accordance with House Bill 290 and the changes it made to KRS 237.110, anyone applying for a CCDW license or renewal must be a citizen of the United States. Therefore, applicants will need to fill out and sign a Citizenship Affidavit declaring citizenship to the United States , which will be attached to the application.

Another change that was made to KRS 237.110 states that of the $60 application fee, $40 of it must be a check or money order made payable to the Kentucky State Treasurer, and any application submitted to the KSP that does not have the $40 fee with it will be returned unprocessed. The remaining $20, (of the $60 application fee), can be cash, check or money order made out to the McCracken County Sheriff’s Office. For more on House Bill 290, click the following link:

What Credentials Do You Need To Bring?

US Government issued ID

Training Certificate Original plus copy (A copy can be made at the Sheriff’s Office) or DD214 if you are active duty or retired military personnel

Separate Photo for the Application

Photo Requirements: It must be a 4 x 3 1//2 or a 4 x 5 shoulder shot, A passport photo is acceptable.

The applicant may not wear a hat in the photo or tinted eyeglasses. 

CCDW Application Fee

$40.00 – Application Fee (check or money order made payable to Kentucky State Treasurer)
$20.00 – Application Fee (cash, check or money order to the Sheriff’s Office)
$60.00 – TOTAL 

For more information and to obtain a listing of Certified Instructors in your County, go to DOCJT’s

“Carrying Concealed Deadly Weapons License Training” web page.

For more information, visit the Kentucky State Police web site:

Change of Personal Information

If you need to change personal information such as an address change you can obtain a form at the sheriff’s office. We will forward that information to the Kentucky State Police. There is no charge to submit a change of personal information.

The Kentucky State Police will use the same picture from your current permit and produce a new card with the changed information on it.

They will send the card to us and send you a Flash Pak when it is done indicating you can pick up your new card at our Office.

Please bring your old card along.

Auto Inspections

Kentucky State Law requires all vehicles purchased in another state to be inspected by the Sheriff in the County where the vehicle is to be licensed. The inspection is intended to insure that the vehicle is road worthy and can be operated safely.

Inspection Fees
$5.00 Vehicle Brought In
$15.00 Travel to Vehicle

The car has to be road ready for a inspection unless you want a title only inspection just so you can get the vehicle in your name. Once it is in road ready condition, another inspection will be required along with another $5.00, or $10.00 if a trip is made, fee.

Civilian Collision Report

Beginning October 1, 2019, Kentucky State Police (KSP) introduced an electronic portal for civilian traffic collision reports that will replace the paper form, KSP 232.

An individual can access the portal through the Kentucky State Police website (using the link below.)

Effective June 30, 2020, KSP will no longer accept paper forms for civilian traffic collision reports. All reports must be submitted electronically through the KSP website.

Eviction Process

The landlord must post (or serve) written notice of eviction to the renter, giving a 30-day notice to vacate the property. If the renter has not vacated by the 31st day, the landlord should obtain a Forcible Detainer with a court date.

The renter will be served the Forcible Detainer by the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office. The Forcible Detainer requires the landlord and the renter to appear before the judge on said court date.

If the renter has not vacated the property by said court date, the landlord should go back to the District Clerk’s Office and file for a Warrant of Possession. The Sheriff’s Office will serve the Warrant of Possession. The renter will be given no more than five (5) days to vacate, unless a judge orders otherwise. Within five (5) days, the Sheriff’s Office will arrive at the property to ensure the safety of both the tenant and those responsible for removing the tenant’s possessions on behalf of the landlord.

Forcible Detainer fees:
$53 to file with the District Court Clerk
$70 will be paid to the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office for service on each occupant.